Leonidio & Kyparissi Beschreibung
Leonidio & Kyparissi guidebook - Leonidio has become a major climbing area known for well-bolted single pitches and fully bolted, long multi-pitch routes on excellent limestone. Further south, the beautiful seaside village of Kyparissi now has nearly 400 well-protected routes and unlimited tufas.
This essential guide includes 83 crags (51 in the book, 32 extra in the app) and nearly 2500 sport routes for all levels. Developments up to December 2020 are featured, including new crags Geraki Wave, Loupas, Theatro, Yellow Eyes, and Arcadia.
Bonus: Also included are the new crags at Agios Petros and Agios Andreas, two picturesque villages north of Leonidio with perfect rock and unspoilt nature.
- Pages: 496
- 83 crags (51 in the book, 32 extra in the app) and nearly 2500 sport routes for all levels
- GPS coordinates for each sector
- Large, clear, accurate photo topos
- drone photos for easy wayfinding
- User-friendly layout and info about shade, orientation, kid-friendliness, equippers, and essential gear
- Hundreds of full-color action photos
- Stories about local life, history, and people
- Free app by Vertical-Life. Two books in one!
- The proceeds of this guidebook go back into local climbing and crag maintenance. The Municipality of Leonidio has committed to using all profits from the sale of this guidebook to fund further development and crag/route maintenance. Importantly, this ensures that the local authorities will have an ongoing stream of revenue to use for climbing—a low-impact form of tourism which has already added immense value to Leonidio.
Information about the app:
All crags in the print version of the guidebook are now available for download on the Vertical-Life app.
The digital version of the guidebook is valid for three years from the day it becomes available on Vertical-Life’s app.